A.E. Jones opened Jones Bakery in 1904, delivering freshly baked goods by horse, wagon, and truck to stores and homes throughout Caledonia and the surrounding area.
A. E.'s son, Harold, joined the bakery in 1933 and the bakery grew to include grocery stock. Harold and his wife, Jean, continued to operate the business until Harold passed away in 1968. At this time their son, Hugh, already an accomplished baker, continued to run the family bakery.
In 1976 Hugh and his wife, Debbie, incorporated a catering division but in 2016, after 40 successful years of Wedding and Banquet catering, Hugh and Debbie decided to retire the catering to focus more on their busy little bakery.
Today Hugh, Debbie and their son Ken, a fourth generation baker, continue to run the family bakery in the same location with the original 1904 brick oven, using many of the same family recipes created by Hugh's grandfather.