A.E. JONES


In 1904, A.E. Jones, opened Jones Bakery delivering to stores and homes throughout Caledonia and surrounding area with horses, bread wagons and bread trucks.

A. E. 's sons Harold joined the business in 1933 and the bakery grew to include grocery stock. Harold and his wife Jean continued to operate the business until Harold passed away in 1968. At this time their son Hugh, already an accomplished baker continued to run the family bakery.

 

In 1976 Hugh and his wife Debbie incorporated a catering. In 2016, after 40 successful years of Wedding and Banquet catering, Hugh and Debbie decided to retire the catering to focus more on their busy little bakery.

A.E. JONES, HUGH JONES, HAROLD JONES

 

Hugh, Debbie and their son Ken, a fourth generation baker, continue to run the family bakery in the same location with the original 1904 brick oven, using many of the same family recipes created by Hughs grandfather.

 
     
     
 


ELZAIDA HARRIS - CHRISTMAS 1910 (Inside the bakery)


1900 - Argyle Street Scene (End of Bridge)


Late 1930's - Argyle Street Scene

 

 
     
 
     
 

(above image - Harold Jones)


Part of Bread Fleet - Early 1940's


Trucks and Wagon at Caledonia Fair Grounds


Advertisement - 1937


A.E. Jones - 1952


Current store front view


 
     
 
  WEBSITE DESIGN BY: WWW.TOA.CA